The Norfolk State University Spartan Training Zone is designed to invoke a Spartan healthy lifestyle. Equipped with state of the art equipment, the training zone is the Ideal place to GET FIT! The Spartan Training Zone stands to educate the NSU community and strive to help students, faculty and staff reach their fitness/wellness goals with the best equipment and programs.
Remember that a healthy lifestyle does not begin and end with working out. It is recommended that you should get at least eight hours of rest and eat three to five meals a day.
- Do not bring your gym bag or personal belongings onto the fitness floor. Spartan Training Zone is not responsible for stolen or lost items.
- Ask if you may “work in”, and always allow others the same courtesy when trying to use fitness equipment.
- Refrain from yelling, using profanity, banging/dropping weights and making loud sounds.
- Do not sit on machines between sets or machines that are not in use.
- Re-Rack weights and return all other equipment and accessories to proper locations.
- Ask staff to show you how to operate equipment properly so that others are not waiting as you figure it out.
- Wipe down all equipment after use.
- Do not bring children onto gym floor.
- Profane music played on the stereo system is prohibited at ALL TIMES.
- Do not disturb others. Focus on your own workout and allow others to do the same.
Spartan Training Zone Facility Rules:
- To gain access to Spartan Training Zone, you must present your active Spartan Card for staff to swipe at the front desk or be a paying faculty/staff/alumni member.
- No guest are allowed to accompany students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- No jeans are allowed to be worn at ANY TIME.
- No open toed shoes are allowed to be worn at ANY TIME.
- Participants must re-rack weights after use.
- Please wipe off the equipment after use.
- No personal open air radios, music players at any time.
- No sauna suits are allowed to be worn at any time.
- No vulgar language.
- Failure to follow any of these rules may result in suspension from the Spartan Training Zone.