To support the University’s mission by procuring high quality goods and services at a reasonable cost; in a timely and professional manner; and in compliance with state laws and regulations, and University policies and procedures. To make day to day business transactions routine.
Content under construction
Fundamental Purchasing Principles
The fundamental principles for competitive procurement are set out in §2.2-4300 of the Virginia Public Procurement Act, Code of Virginia, 1950 as amended, which promotes that:
- All Procurement procedures are conducted in a fair and impartial manner, with avoidance of any impropriety or the appearance of impropriety.
- All qualified vendors have access to public business;
- No offeror is arbitrarily or capriciously excluded;
- Competition be sought to the maximum feasible degree;
- Rules governing contract awards be made clear in advance of the competition;
- Specifications reflect the procurement needs of the agency rather than being drawn to favor a particular vendor; and
- The University and vendors freely exchange information concerning what is sought to be procured and what is offered.
NSU posts all solicitations and future procurements on the eVA website.