Who We Are
The office of Military Services and Veterans Affairs at Norfolk State University proudly serves the military and their families. Our mission is to provide an affordable and high-quality education to a diverse active duty military, ready reservists, veterans, military family members, DOD civilians, and other non-DOD civilians in the Hampton Roads area and worldwide. It is important that our military students are aware of the educational programs, certifications, support services and co-curricular offerings at the university.
Why Choose Norfolk State University?
- High degree of customer service
- Online, on-base, and on campus classes
- Military tuition grants for active duty personnel
- Academic credit for your military training, previous courses completed, and CLEP/DSST exams for college credit
- We offer a very active veterans student organization open to all military affiliated students
- Member of SOC (Servicesmembers Opportunity College Consortium)
- Approved training facility for veterans
- Federal and state benefit programs for veterans and eligible dependents
You will find a highly skilled and friendly staff, teamed with an outstanding array of distinguished administrators and faculty, many of whom are former military service members who have been recognized for teaching excellence and scholarship. We strongly support your educational goals and objectives, and believe your academic goals should begin with Norfolk State University!
Recognized as a Military Friendly School
Norfolk State University has been named by G.I. Jobs Magazine as a Military Friendly School for 6 consecutive years, and is highly recognized nationally. As quoted from G.I Jobs, “Schools that have earned the elite Military Friendly® designation have demonstrated a commitment to supporting student veterans on campus and in their careers.”